Tuesday, February 26, 2008

AquaHelix - the 1/2 Gallon per Minute Showerhead

Jason had the idea that since I love to take long hot showers, that it would in our best interest to find a low flow shower head. "Sure, I don't care. My sister and I grew up using one," I said.

Well, little did I know the search Jason was to embark on. I figured he'd find a generic nozzle, but instead, he found a unique super low flow nozzle... the AquaHelix

So, Jason ordered it directly from the inventor (even chatted with him on the phone). We got it in the mail yesterday (superfast). Jason installed it promptly (must have been easy to install), and well, took a shower. He was so curious to see if I liked it (plus we only have a couple weeks to return it if we don't like it); I took a shower next.

My commentary:
It works! And it tingles. It was strong enough for me on the low setting (I haven't tried the high setting yet, but don't think I want a stronger tingle yet). What I mean is, that there is a slight zippy stinging at first, compared to our old nozzle. What amazes me is that the AquaHelix is as small as a microphone, shoots out one stream of water, yet, because it is spiraling, looks and feels like one spray. The farther from the nozzle you stand, the lighter the feel (almost misting). It truly was strong enough to wash the soap from my hair (stonger than our old showerhead, even). And the irony for me is, I can take a nice hot shower for as long as I want, yet, because the stream is stronger and cleans off the soap quickly, I don't know if I want to shower for too long, even if it is 1/2 gallon a minute. Ha!

Jason plans to keep both nozzles hooked up with a valve to switch flow to either one. Our other nozzle is a handheld, and is really useful for washing out screens (for when I'm making t-shirts), etc... I will definitely use the AquaHelix for my showers, and look forward to getting use to this new feeling, wow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, can I buy one of your aquahelix showerheads?