Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Inside of my Home, in a Sketch

The compost toilette seems to be working out better than expected. There is no offensive scent (but we are sure to keep the lid shut, too.) Jason has been emptying it and he says it is not so gross. He does wash the bucket out with the hose before returning it to the bathroom, as well as replenishing the other bucket with peat moss.

I cleaned under the sofa today, and made some designs to build a second sofa, that will double as storage. Also made some table/bench designs that will be used as storage also. The foremost project is the bookshelf that I will attach the the wall next to the futon sofa. I've got a lot of projects brewing and I can't wait to get going.

My objective is to utilize space and create an environment that is conducive to our lifestyle. Oh, and look good too.

We tend to read, study, research, and create in the living room. It also is our entertainment center, dining (esp. in the summer), fireplace, piano, ingoing/outgoing mail, and entrance.

Our "dining room" gets alot of traffic because it is the main exit to the back porch/backyard. It holds another bookshelf of all my cookbooks, and some gardening supplies, and a few cookwares. This is an awkward space. In the winter we move the dining table to this room to free up the fireplace area.

The main bedroom is used for sleeping, dressing, and reading.

The guest bedroom is currently my craft room, and junk room, which I need to organize and sift out.

The "sun room" is our office, exercise room, pantry, and some more junk. The utility room holds bike gear, garden stuff, some tools, laundry room, and another exit to the backyard walking by the hot tub.

The kitchen is the kitchen... another mess to organize, and in the future renovate.

The bathroom is the bathroom... a future room to renovate in my dreams.

As for outside, Jason will be finally building his shed! I can't wait! We already have the concrete slab poured (2 years old now), and it is begging for a roof and some walls. More to come on this, as this will be a momentous project! I'm hoping for him to finish this for my Christmas gift, but we will see. I know you have to plan for problems to arise when building so, I will not be surprised if he finishes in the Spring.

No comments: