Friday, October 19, 2007

It's Alive! Cackle! Cackle! Cackle!

Finally some rain! And thank goodness no tornadoes. I couldn't sleep very well last night, because I was waiting for the storm. But as soon as the weatherman said it was breaking apart, I turned off the laptop(which doubles as our tv) and slept until the storm actually hit; woke up, and shut all the windows in the house to keep the rain from blowing in. Then, back to bed.

It was just 2-4 days before that I started putting seeds in the ground, and already signs of life!
So far I've planted:
Swiss Chard
Turnips
Beets
Mustard
Kale (Nero Toscana)
Kale (Red Winter)
Broccoli
Endive
Lettuce (Salad Bowl)
Mesclun

Within the next couple days I plan to plant:
Garlic
Green onion
Leeks
Onion
Parsely
Cilantro
more Mesclun

This is all pretty much experimental for me, as I have not grown this much before, and do not know how well everything will survive, much less produce.
I did only mesclun last year, so I at least know I will have it for the next 6 months.

No comments: