Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paper or Plastic?

When I go grocery shopping I try to remember my fabric bags. If I do not bring them, I will choose plastic.
I recycle the plastic bags by using them as garbage bags. In fact, if I am out of garbage bags, I will purposely not use my fabric bags, so I don't have the need to purchase garbage bags. I like free ones that I can recycle.

This all comes down to the individual. We all have choices. What choice is the best? For the individual or for the environment? We must weigh the consequences...
For instance...
Which is better? driving to the store? or riding my bike? Well, what if I am making and using my own BioDeisel?
These choices can be complex, therefore it is essential to know what creates the biggest impact.
And for US citizens, that is Transportation Energy, Food Energy, and Energy associated with Housing.

No comments: